[oletrucks] Where do I start?

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Where do I start?
From: "Steven R. Goss" <Steve@AZscholarships.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 21:04:42 -0700
Hi All,

Ok, I am starting to order some parts for my 55 series 2 short bed 235.
First I am going to replace the bed, the headliner, misc cables and the
like. Then what?
Give you a run down on the truck. The Body is in Average condition with
some ripples and such, and a few spots that have some bondo, could
definitly use a proffesional body job. The paint is adequete and is
holding up well. The chassis under the truck is rusted but not deep rust
or broken though. Just ugly underneath. I have some oil leaks that are
mostly a nuscience. The engine runs good and has never been rebuilt.
Though it does have a very small coolant leak in the block that has been
there for 30 years or longer. The 3 on the tree works well unless the
linkage needs grease- then it will kick out of third (about every
1000-2000 miles). Brakes, radio, heater, etc all work good.

I have never restored a vehicle but I plan on doing a good job on this.
This truck has been in our family for 38 of it's 45 years. It will be a
keeper.

Need to find out where to start. and how much I can look at spending
(Ball park). Engine and Body.

Steve

--
Steven R. Goss