Re: [oletrucks] Where do I start?

To: "Steven R. Goss" <Steve@AZscholarships.org>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Where do I start?
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 09:00:28 -0700
Steven,

You have the right idea in fixing what's broken first instead of tearing it
all apart into a million pieces.  I see those torn apart trucks for sale in
a year of so do to the fact that money just keeps going out and then don't
have the joy of driving it while their building it.
    I'd say after all the mechanical is repaired, gas gauge, wipers,
electrical system etc., then you can start with the panel repairs.  The key
their is to concentrate on one panel at a time and then move on.  If you
move all over the place, after awhile it will feel like your not
accomplishing much of anything.
    While your doing the panel repairs you can start to order all of the
rubber replacement parts to assemble you truck after it's been painted.  To
get the best paint job I'd recommend removing all the fenders,
runningboards, tailgate etc so everything gets painted.
    Take your time and have fun with your project,

Joe
http://chevy1.freeservers.com/
http://jeepster.freeservers.com/
http://50chevy.freeservers.com/