Re: [oletrucks] Barrel Sandblaster

To: "Ross Piercey" <ross-piercey@home.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Barrel Sandblaster
From: "Mark Self" <markself@discover.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 07:05:38 -0700
Ross:
    I'm using one and it is pretty nice.  The window is made of plexi and
was finished in about 10 hrs. of blasting.  I made a frame and put a larger
glass window in for about $10.    Much nicer.  It's welkl made and the owner
of the company is very helpful.
    Here's a tip I learned the hard way (One of those "well everybody knows
that, right?" things.)  Don't overfill the hopper of the blast cabinet.  I'm
sure that goes for all blast boxes, but this is my first.  The hopped will
hold about a 50 lb bag of sand.  Problem is, then the siphon action doesn't
work very well.  I finally saw a freinds blast box working and noticed he
wasn't using more than about 10 lbs of media, in the hopped.  Tried it with
mine and voila, it works great!!

Mark Self
Redlands, CA
'55 1st 5-window 3100