Re: [oletrucks] Show Trophys

To: "william moldenhauer" <wmh678@worldnet.att.net>, <Tom3600@webtv.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Show Trophys
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 01:03:51 -0500
Yeah! To date, I have roughly $15K in this truck already and have done at
least 90% of the work myself. Its still cheaper than a new truck with no
personality, and since I am tore completely apart, why not set it up to show
quality standards? I could care less about trophys, I am more interested in
how an amatuer's work (mine) stacks up against the pro's. I am already
having the time of my life doing this and the extra effort to do it right is
fun, so why not make it the best it can be while I am at it?

I am finding out from various sources however, that what Wayne says is
true.. judging is uneven, the system is unorganized, and there is no real
standards set for judging in the first place. Bob Adler says the bell
housing was painted with engine color but the truck touted as the National
Champion in "How to Restore Your Chevrolet Pickup" has its bell housing
painted cast iron color. Too many discrepancies and not enough guidance. Add
to that the MANY assembly plants Chevy had back then and the different parts
sources, and what you have is any number of different colors and other
anomalies to confuse the issue. It was made to be driven and abused, not
shown in competition 50 years later. Still tho, would be nice to have a
single organization that oversees the competitions and writes very clear
guidelines for us. I want the book that says what color each part is and
what level of particular the judges will be. Guess there isnt one?

Deve
50 3100
49 3600
www.speedprint.com/Deves50/index.html