Re: [oletrucks] So many questions...So little knowlege

To: "John Rockefeller" <dbr@powerweb.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] So many questions...So little knowlege
From: "Doug Pewterbaugh" <dpewter@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 00:58:38 -0500
Easiest way to tell a 216 from a 235 is the pushrod cover on the side of the
block.  If it extends up the side over the side of the head & includes holes
for the spark plugs, it's a 216.  If it ends just below the head gasket &
the plugs go directly into the head, then it is a 235.  This is true except
for VERY old 235's (20's & early 30's, I think).

AFA the rear gears, if you now have a closed drive shaft, you have 2 options
(with sub options):

1. change to the 3.55 gears from Patrick's ($349, I think) or
2. change to open drive shaft, which requires changing to open drive shaft
type tranny, but then your rear ratios are all over the place, depending on
what open shaft type rear you pick.

Regards,
Doug Pewterbaugh
dpewter@msn.com