Re: [oletrucks] So many questions...So little knowlege

To: dbr@powerweb.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] So many questions...So little knowlege
From: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 04:34:04 PDT
John,

A 1951 3100 originally came with a 216 engine but that doesn't mean that
that was what was in the 51 when that engine was taken out and placed in
your 49.  I don't' know how to tell the difference between a 216  and a 235
except by the oil pressure and the amount of space that there is between the
radiator and the engine.  If there is about 5" and 15# pressure then you
probably have a 216.  If you only have 2" and your oil pressure is above 30#
then it is probably a 235 or a 261?

If you want to get down the road faster with less RPM, you might try putting
7.50R16 tires on the beast.  They will fit.  Some of those 7.50R16 tires are
34" high.!

  I have a 1949 3100