[oletrucks] Turbo-Hydra-matic 350-HELP!

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Turbo-Hydra-matic 350-HELP!
From: CLLLSLS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 00:08:26 EDT
Hey everyone,

My dad's just bought a super nice '96 chev 2500 Silverado, extended cab,
short bed 2wd beauty and he's retiring the '79 chev silverado he's had since
new over to me.

The '79 has somewhere's around 350,000 miles on it. On the original
transmission. The turbo 350 had a stage 2 shift kit installed when the truck
was new and maybe that can account for some of the trannies longevity, but
it's miraculous it's still working. It takes around 30 seconds for the tranny
to engage reverse when it's cold and about 10 when it's hot. It no longer
downshifts under acceleration.

What I want to know is, is there anything I can do to restore this tranny
somewhat and get another 10K or so out of it? Like swapping valve bodies or?
I'm looking for cheapness here. The really ironic thing is I can get 2 mint
700R4's for $100 with  running TBI'd 305's attached. But I'd imagine these
trannies would be anything but bolt in.

How 'bout anybody got a turbo 350 for sale or trade? I have a mint GM 3 speed
manual, a completely rebuilt '87 Mazda pickup 5-speed manual (cost $1200 with
labor) even has flywheel and new clutch, shifter, crossmember, hydraulic
clutch slave cylinder! PLEASE HELP!

Dustin
50 & 53 GMC 1/2 tons
48 GMC 3/4 ton