[oletrucks] Good TF day at Carlisle Friday...new keychains, literature,

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Good TF day at Carlisle Friday...new keychains, literature, hotwheels...
From: GremlinGTs@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 19:19:03 EDT
  Found some neat stuff, as usual. There's some new keychains out, with
little Hotwheels-sized '55 TF trucks on them, friction-powered, for $1.
that's right, only a buck, and came in red, blue, black, cream, green, and
yellow. Made in China ( where else? ), I'll bet you can find these at Sheetz
gas stations or similar ones, where they sell alot of "stuff" . I bought 4 of
them myself, and saw them elsewhere at other booths. They're pretty detailed,
actually, have black plastic beds with simulated wood and even the bolt
heads!!! Wide rear Panavision window, stepside bed, appears to be metal
bodies. I'm impressed with them, even the hood ornament and side fender trim
are painted on in miniature detail! It's definitelly a $1 well spent, in my
opinion, even the Hotwheels trucks aren't this detailed!
     I found several of the older maroon '56 Flashsider Hotwheels TF trucks
at a dealer booth, he was anxious to sell out, so everything was a buck, so I
bought 5 of them, and some Limited edition Johnny Lightning trucks similar to
an El Camino with surf boards on back, I'd never seen them before.
    Working back and forth, I found several tri-CHevy car books, and a '55
Truck 2-speed rear axle manual, got them pretty cheap. Lots of nice TF trucks
in the paddock area, there was a late-model truck with '57 chevy car side
trim, selling restored Coke machines, it looked great, took a picture of
that. I was beat by the end of the day, had to haul some Gremlin front
spindles the entire front row length, whew! But it was a wonderful day, the
sun came out, and it was nice and cool. Hope any of you who go have such a
good day! Well, back to resting, it took alot out of me. I really need to get
in better shape for this! Au Revoir, folks!

Jerry Casper
woodbridge, VA
tired but happy Chevy truck owner...