[oletrucks] todays finds

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] todays finds
From: MRICHAGANG@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 23:47:14 EDT
I meet with a fella I had talked with about an AD a month ago. He had parts
from two trucks and was willing to sell. I bought a hood with chevy emblem,
bumper and brackets, center chrome strip for windshield, insturment gauges,
two of the "3600" emblems. The hood is in great shape, bumper is not chromed,
the rest is in good shape. But now for the rest of the story! It's not a
Chevy ending, but an" I'm happy with it" ending. He had a "54" International
1 ton, farm truck w/ dump bed and the grain bed on it is in excellent shape,
this is just what I've been looking for. No rust through anywhere ,but there
is surface rust on the cab. Sand it down and paint it and it will look great.
The interior looked like it was almost brand new! There was a mouse hole in
the upper right hand corner of the headliner. The interior was really nice,
and only 17,638 miles. Claims these are original miles. Still has the
original title with it. Plates on it right now are from 1961. It's not
without problems, one of the dump cylinders broke lose from the bed so it
will need to be welded back, and it has'nt ran for a while. Cost--- $600.00
plus $150.00 to haul it to my house some 80 miles. I don't think that it will
be a bad buy--  if it had only been a Chevy!! Mike