[Top] [All Lists]

RE: [oletrucks] 55 road draft tube ?'s

To: "'VIDEOEIC@aol.com'" <VIDEOEIC@aol.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 55 road draft tube ?'s
From: "Peters, Jon C" <jpeters@sikorsky.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 11:38:42 -0400

The bolt that holds the vent tube onto the block goes through the grommet
and threads into the block.  I have a 283 with this set-up, the tube was
squashed so  I ran a stainless overbrade hose clamped to the bolt on
fitting. I'll dig around the shop and try to find the mount. I found that
"corking" this hole off and using a breather on the intake filler tube with
the breathers on the valve covers works just fine.

Jon C. Peters
51 GMC 1/2 ton
54 Chevy 1/2 ton 4 door
Oxford, CT

-----Original Message-----
From: VIDEOEIC@aol.com [mailto:VIDEOEIC@aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2000 11:04 AM
To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 55 road draft tube ?'s

Here's my question. I am putting the 265 back in my 55 2nd and dont have the

road draft tube yet, when I look down the hole where it goes I see a 
loose,old,dry rubber grommet about a inch wide with a hole in the center 
about 3/8" does this go in the hole that leads to the crankcase? is there 
somthing that goes through the 3/8" hole?
and how does the top piece to the tube mount to the block, I noticed in 
pictures of a 283 tube kit there is a long 1/4" bolt that must bolt into the

block, but I don't see a mounting hole on my 265. And last does any one have

a extra tube and mount.

Thanks again for all the help everyone has given.

JM Hurley
55 2nd big window 265 hyd    
oletrucks is devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built between 1941 and 1959
oletrucks is devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built between 1941 and 1959

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>