RE: [oletrucks] 55 road draft tube ?'s

To: "'VIDEOEIC@aol.com'" <VIDEOEIC@aol.com>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 55 road draft tube ?'s
From: "Peters, Jon C" <jpeters@sikorsky.com>
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 11:38:42 -0400
JM,

The bolt that holds the vent tube onto the block goes through the grommet
and threads into the block.  I have a 283 with this set-up, the tube was
squashed so  I ran a stainless overbrade hose clamped to the bolt on
fitting. I'll dig around the shop and try to find the mount. I found that
"corking" this hole off and using a breather on the intake filler tube with
the breathers on the valve covers works just fine.

Jon C. Peters
51 GMC 1/2 ton
54 Chevy 1/2 ton 4 door
Oxford, CT