Re: [oletrucks] Parking brake on '50

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Parking brake on '50
From: Andrew Roberts <arobs@becker.u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 22:43:53 -0700 (PDT)
The parking brake return spring is located under the cab, under the
drivers seat.  The spring should be pulling the linkage back.  The
tension in the linkage helps lock the pedal down, so this is most
likely your problem.

If the return spring is OK, check the spring between the flat locking bar
and the floor of the cab.  If it's broken, you'll have to remove the
retainer from the inside of the left wheel well.  The nuts are likely
encased in dirt, so hopefully this isn't your problem.

Andrew Roberts
1949 3600
Buckley, WA