Re: [oletrucks] High speed rear end?

To: <antonio@innercite.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] High speed rear end?
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2000 20:49:18 -0700
Hey Antonio,

I thought the name of the town Cameron Park sounded close!

Yeah, Pick N Pull would be the place I'd head to especially on a 50% off
day.  But you know how fast the parts go on those days so I'd say to head on
over to Recycler Road in Rancho Cordova or put your order in "that's what I
do" for a 1969-1972 Chevelle rearend if you want a 5 lug bolt pattern.  If
you can swing it a 12 bolt posi would be great but the 10 bolt posi is more
than adequate.  The factory brackets need to be torched off and new spring
perches installed but that very easy.  If you want to stay with the 6 lug
rearend  then your going to want to look toward the mid 60's to around 70 or
71 1/2 ton Chevy trucks because their still 6 lug and have some decent
highway gears.

If your ever in the neighborhood stop on by and I'll take you for a ride in
the 50.  I'm so busy working on all the other cars that I seldom get to take
the truck out for a drive anymore.  I just got my case of octane boost from
Jegs so I'm set for the summer.

Say, have you happened by chance to go up to Tahoe for the Truck'n show last
year?  I'm thinking of attending this year or for sure Pleasanton but don't
know which one would be better!

I've never heard of Truck Rex's in Rocklin are they new?

Joe Garcia
1950 Chevrolet 3100
1950 Willys Jeepster
Yuba City, Ca