Re: [oletrucks] Brakes, DOT 5 & Bob Adler

To: glafountaine@socal.rr.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Brakes, DOT 5 & Bob Adler
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 06:10:49 EDT
>  Could you give me your opinion on DOT 5 Brake Fluid?

I've been using it for 15 years.  Mostly good results.  Make sure your brake
cups are made from EPDM rubber.  this may be hard to confirm.  Also anyone
with a vacuum booster should avoid silicone, as if you break a diaphragm
silicone is sucked into the engine and burns into silica sand which is
abrasive.

Bob ADler