[oletrucks] sticky shifter

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] sticky shifter
From: Rkoenigkr@cs.com
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 11:50:19 EDT
Brad,
I had this problem at one time on a '51 PU.  The suggestions to adjust the
linkage box are good ones.  However, if the problem is shifting from 1st to
2nd only, I found that the problem sometimes is a worn gear selector.  Try
this simple check:
Without removing the transmission, take the linkage plate off the side of the
transmission and check the gides that position the gears.  Look for uneven
wear on one side of one guide.  I found in my situation that I had
significant wear in one guide.  I replaced it and did not have any further
trouble.
Regards,
Rusty
'53 Chevy PU

In a message dated 5/9/2000 10:44:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time,