Re: [oletrucks] sticky shifter

To: Brad Newman <bkn6@airmail.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] sticky shifter
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 13:39:33 -0400
Brad,
  This is a common symptom of column shifter with a little too much play
and/or out of adjustment. What happens is the you have not pulled the 1st/
reverse lever all the way out of 1st and into neutral before the 2nd 3rd
lever tries to go into 2nd. Since the interlock inside the tranny is made
to  not allow you to be in two gears at once it jams or locks in one gear.
You can try to adjust the linkage and can also shift with a square pattern
as you go into neutral but chances are the only real fix is to replace
linkage bushings and/or shifter box. There is likely some excessive play
somewhere but try adjusting first.

Grant