Re: [oletrucks] Wiring harness.

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Wiring harness.
From: "ROGER GLEASON" <rogerg@maverick.facil.uconn.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 12:23:56 -500
I spent an afternoon trying to price what it would cost me if I made
my own wiring harness for my 51 and found that just the wire alone of
spec quality would cost almost as much as a kit, and that didn't
count the numerous connectors I'd have to play with afterwards.
I haven't done it yet but will tackle it soon sometime this summer if
I can drag myself away from the wifes home improvements and the kids
stock car... There is also all the maintenance and repair on the
backhoe, bulldozer, cars, trucks, trailers, lawn and garden equipment
etc. Oh yeah the lawn needs to be mowed and the fire wood cut and
stacked. Then there's the barbecues and family reunions & weddings to
go to. I keep busy.

> From:          ADvent@thuntek.net
> Date:          Thu, 11 May 2000 15:42:14 +0000
> Cc:            Oletrucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
> Subject:       Re: [oletrucks] Wiring harness.

> Antonio, I have one of those 99 dollar harnesses. Fir the money, you can't
>beat
> it. I bought one for my 50, but might use it in my 51 dump truck and make my
>own
> for the 50 . It would cost way more bucks to buy one like I am going to make.
> More bucks than I have. The 49 Chevy had a fuse block. The wires are a little
> thing. But it would be adequate.
> new mexico jim
>
> "Antonio R. Tijerino" wrote:
>
> > I am ready to start putting the wiring on my truck and I am trying to decide
> > how to go about installing the wiring and what to use.
> > EZ Wiring kit: too expensive.
> > Ron Francis kit: way too expensive.
> > Painless wiring: too expensive.
> > Make my own: too messy.
> > Chevy Duty own kit: $99.99 reasonable.
> >
> > My idea is to get the Chevy Duty kit wire the truck and them get a Fuse
> > Block from modern Chevy vehicle and adapt to wiring harness. EZ wiring has a
> > fuse block with flashers and the other stuff for about $80.00.
> >
> > What are your opinions and suggestions?
> > Can the two items be mixed?
> > Has anyone had good/bad experience with the Chevy Duty kit?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Antonio
> > '53 3100

> --