Re: [oletrucks] Gas tank relocation

To: jpeters@sikorsky.com, ChevTruk53@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Gas tank relocation
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 12:29:32 EDT
In a message dated 5/12/00 9:11:41 AM Central Daylight Time,
jpeters@sikorsky.com writes:

<< I've seen Jeep Cherokee tanks mounted behind the rear (between the rails)

The '47 2nd series and '48s had their tanks forward of the rear axle, between
the frame rails.  If you can find a donor, it will bolt (rivet) in.  The
filler is routed through the right side bed panel below the floor level.  I
think panels are the same, but not sure.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX