[oletrucks] Stupid porting mistake!

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Stupid porting mistake!
From: CLLLSLS@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 00:30:16 EDT
Cleaning up my 270/H head and oops! Cut right into a head bolt hole through
the side of an intake port! I thought I was being real careful, I laid out
lines across the manifold face of the head with dykem where all the edges of
the head bolt holes should have been, but must have had my square crooked or
something because I cut right into one! I've ported ALOT of heads, but never
have I screwed up like this!

I'm wondering what I should do here, If anything. I'm thinking if the hole
needs repaired, I can put a copper rod inside the bolt hole and Ni-Rod over
the hole then smooth it back out again on the inside and remove the copper
rod and ream the hole. But is it a problem? The boost pressure (engine is
turbocharged) in the runners  can't really go anywhere. The bottom of the
head bolt hole is sealed by the head gasket and the top should be sealed by
the nut on the head stud.

What should I do?

Dustin
50 & 53 GMC 1/2 tons