Re: [oletrucks] Stupid porting mistake!

To: <CLLLSLS@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Stupid porting mistake!
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 09:41:09 -0400
Dustin,

   All is not lost. I found the following in "California Bill" Fisher's 1955
GMC speed manual:

    "In smoothing out the intake ports, you may "hole-through" one of the
head-bolt holes due to their very close     proximity to the port wall
section. If you do, use a flat washer, well coated with Permatex, under the
head of     that particular capscrew. This will prevent leaning-out of the
mixture, possible burning of a piston head or         valve, or detionation
during full-throttle operation".

Jack / Winter Park FL
1951 GMC