Re: [oletrucks] 40 GMC metal bed floor.

To: "William M. Schickling" <wschick1@twcny.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 40 GMC metal bed floor.
From: Brad Newman <bkn6@airmail.net>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 18:42:13 -0500

BillI just sold my 40 (Chevy) a week or so ago after having it for about
four years. In that time I talked with a bunch of other folks with late
30's and early 40's trucks, both Chevy and GMC, and while I am certain
that Chevy didn't offer a metal bed floor, I'm about 99% sure that GMC
did. I remember talking to a guy that was trying to find a buyer for his
steel plate floor on his original 39 GMC because he wanted to put in a
"better looking" wood floor, and I also talked to a guy that was looking
for a metal floored bed because his Grandads old GMC had had one.
I guess that what I'm trying to say is that while I have never seen one,
I would lay money that GMC had this as an option, at least on the pre
war trucks.
Brad Newman
49 3100 Deluxe
24 Chevy 1 ton