[oletrucks] master cylinder update

To: oletrucks@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: [oletrucks] master cylinder update
From: "Brian m" <pkupman57@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 19:31:05 PDT
well all,
after reading a lot of responses (thanx) and playing with my stuff, ive
hooked up my brakes. ive run all new steel brake lines, and installed the
'85 camaro brake master cylinder, booster, and pedal.
i had to cut the pedal, bend it, and weld in a triagle to get it at the
correct angle (so as not to bottom out on the floor before the M/C) i also
had to make the pedal 2 inches longer, i just cut it, and welded in a 2"
section. i still have all 4 drum brakes for now (just another week) so i
hooked up my two front brakes to the rear cylinder, and the two rears on the
front cylinder. i did not hook up the proportioning valve, and i have no
residuel valves. just straight lines to the M/C. the system works great. it
only takes a tiny bit of foot pressure to apperate the brakes, and i got all
4 of them to lock up, just backing out of the drive way. i also hooked up
the camaro brake light switch (ah, its so nice haveing lights that work, and
without a LOT of foot pressure). everything worked out nicely, now i just
have to wait for my disc brake kit to come in next week. ill have 13" inch
drums, and discs. one more question, the rotors that come in the brake kits,
are those standard camaro rotors? and if so, what years? thanx.
Brian M
Atwater, CA
'57 Chevy 3200