[oletrucks] Compressor question

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Compressor question
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 06:55:14 -0700
Hi!

As Bob said, the horsepower ratings are not what they used to be...that
old 3/4 horse would be rated 2 or 3 hp today!

I have an old 1 hp 20 gallon Sears compressor that I use as a
portable...but I've painted a couple cars with it, and done lots of
other things.  If you just plan on running some air tools (ratchet or
impact wrench), inflating tires, driving an air nailer, etc, it will be
very handy.  I have an 80 gallon 2 stage 5 hp (old rating system)
compressor that is mounted outside the shop and runs the sandblaster,
air file, DA, etc.

Jim F
59s in AZ