Re: [oletrucks] Compressor question

To: "J Forbes" <jforbes@primenet.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Compressor question
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 10:23:25 -0500
Yeah, horsepower ratings are a joke. The AD's for example in 1950 with a 216
engine were rated at 29.4 horsepower. My 6-1/2 horsepower 60 gallon
compressors give me 8 cfm if I am really really lucky. Combined it doubles,
but the "10 CFM" rating on the side of the compressor is as bogus as the
horsepower rating. No substitute for asking someone else with experience
before you buy what actually works!

Deve Krehbiel
Hesston, Kansas
1950 3100 * 1949 3600