Re: [oletrucks] '53 GMC Hood alignment

To: <sub53@ns1.nantucket.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '53 GMC Hood alignment
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 14:40:56 -0700
Hum, that different!!!

Here's what I'd do if the truck came into my shop:

Loosen the driver side support rods and tighten the passenger side to see if
that helped
loosen the radiator to frame support brace bolts and see if I could slide
the front-end over to help in the alignment
The rear hinge braces may be bent slightly in or out causing the
misalignment.  Sometimes they need to be bent "in or out" to let the hood
lay down straight.

You could also just have one side sitting lower than the other and could
shim below the radiator support and raise up more on the rear of the front
passenger fender.

P.S. the rear hood hinge plate is adjustable "UP AND DOWN".  If you look at
the side you can see where bolts tighten from inside the cab toward the
outside.  You have to reach way up into the corner to access them but this
will allow you to make a slight adjustment to the rear of the hood and
possible bring that side down into contact with the bumpers.

Joe Garcia
1950 Chevrolet 3100
1950 Willys Jeepster
1970 Chevy