Re: [oletrucks] Drive Shaft Donors

To: <ADvent@thuntek.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Drive Shaft Donors
From: "WR Teto" <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 10:21:26 -0400
Jim, I don't know the year for sure (positive it was 80's though), and I had my
notes listed as it
coming from an Olds "Custom Cruiser" station wagon.  In retrospect, the length
you need depends on
several things, like fore and aft engine location, plus I moved my rear end
back about 1-1/2" from
the stock AD location.  But I did find that you seem to need a driveshaft from
something like this
station wagon, or a 70's mid or full size car which are a bit longer wheelbase
that 80's and later
sedans.  I guess it's pot luck if you happen to stumble on the right length
driveshaft.  I did not
look into how much it would have been to cut a longer one down and weld and
balance it.

Wally / Templeton, MA
53 3100 rod project
72 Chevy Malibu