RE: [oletrucks] Drive Shaft Donors

To: "'Claude'" <cramey@n-link.com>, Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Drive Shaft Donors
From: "Peters, Jon C" <jpeters@sikorsky.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 15:16:20 -0400
I had this done for my other project (47' Chevy sedan delivery)... (hey it's
sortof a truck!) . It was about $150.00. I'm going over to a 2 piece
driveshaft (77' longbed Chevy c20) for my 51 GMC project. The front piece is
perfect with the carrier bearing, the rear needed to be shortened..... Still
about $150.00 at Connecticut Driveshaft. Be careful to specify what rear you
have as the u-joints differ by retainers (lugs on rear end joint or clips
and grooves).

Jon C. Peters
51 GMC
53 Chevy 4 door 1/2 ton (I just saw one on pg. 63, June 2000, Custom Classic
Trucks!)
Oxford, CT