Re: [oletrucks] 1959 2 ton

To: RichardinTempe@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1959 2 ton
From: ADvent@thuntek.net
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 07:00:34 -0700
I lived in Northern Az for years and nothing rusts there. I had a 48 Chevy 2 ton
water hauler that was a Flagstaff Fire dept. truck and the paint was still shiny
under the fender wells. The only rust was surface rust and it would wipe away
with your hand. Most of the miles on it was from dirt roads that resembled a
goat
path going straight up or down. Coleman and Napco made a 4X4 conversion. I lost
the guy's email address, he lives in that town north of Happy Valley rd on I-17,
I forgot the town's name.  He wanted a grand for all of the 4X4 stuff. You can
run the HD3500 wheels on it. It would be a 19.5" wheel. If you go with the axles
you mentioned, you might con cider a smaller truck. I have 2 two tons and a ½
ton
and i can tell you there will be a lot more laborious work in converting the 2
ton. You can get a new windshield for about $120, carryout. Call Courtesy
Chevrolet's body shop in Phoenix or whichever dealer is on Bell Rd. and ask them
who they use. BTW, don't burn up, we had a heat wave yesterday and it was 82!

--
New Mexico Jim
50 3100 ½ ton