[oletrucks] 1959 2 ton

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 1959 2 ton
From: RichardinTempe@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 06:29:52 EDT
    I'm somewhat torn on getting the 59 now.  I took a closer look at it, and
I dunno if  it'd be what I want anymore.  htere is surprisingly little rust
on most of it, ( granted this is Az, but it was a northern Az truck)  but, it
looks like it would take a little more then I think I might want to get it up
and running properly.  basicaly, I'm your average poor 21 year old who is
trying to get a cool old ride together for a semi decent price, in a semi
decent condition.  this one would be a great full restoration vehicle, but it
needs too much for me to do while balancing a  more then full time job,   and
a 7 mile bikeride to and from work in teh 110 + degree Arizona heat. ( great
state for about 2 weeks a year.... )

quick questions:

on my old busted 77, I had a corporate 14 bolt rear on it.  would it be
possible to swap that one under?

would it take much to convert this 2 ton to 4 wheel drive?   I think it has
the solid front bar under it... could say a dana 44, or dana 60 (?) axle get
dropped under it?

is it possible to get the ultra huge rims, and drums replaced with something
more manageable for a poor guy like me? ( 16 inch rims?  I think this would
look pretty dang cool with some 38 inch swampers under it, but hey.... )

anyone know where/how much a new windshield would cost for one of these
trucks?  this one has fallen victim to a drive-by bricking....

thankyou in advance,

-Richard