Re: [oletrucks] Creating a tandem

To: "OLETRUCK list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Creating a tandem
From: "Boteler Family" <boteler@olg.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 23:10:22 -0400
Guy, I have some thoughts for you.  If your 3/4 ton has a 6900# GVW now and
you add another 3/4 ton rear which has a 5000# rating your max. GVW will be
11,900# (I think).  How much does the truck weigh with the car carrier body
and added axle?  Subtract that from the 11,900# GVW and you will find out
how much load you will be able to carry.  I don't think you will be able to
carry anything very heavy....maybe 3000-4000 max. ?

I think I would look for a larger truck!

My 2 cents!!!

Mike Boteler
'56 8400 Wrecker
Hughesville, Maryland