Re: [oletrucks] horn on '53

To: 237459N@knotes.kodak.com, oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] horn on '53
From: MKlepp4335@cs.com
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 20:26:21 EDT
In a message dated 6/6/00 11:58:15 AM Central Daylight Time,
237459N@knotes.kodak.com writes:

<< I've seen most located on the intake manifold. Is this "correct"? >>

Patrick,
  No u-bolts, only the oil filter mounts that way.  The original mount was
multiple layers of thin, spring type steel about 2 inches long mounted
between the horn and the manifold.  This was to allow some flex to allow the
horn to survive.  Mine was broken, so I made one out of solid flat steel
stock, drilled the holes and mounted it.  It has held up fine for the last 4
years.  Unless you are entering the strictest shows judged by experts, no one
will know but you, me and 500 of our closest friends on this list.

Mike Klepp
'48 3100
Wichita Falls, TX