Re: [oletrucks] Floor shift lever location.

To: markself@discover.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Floor shift lever location.
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 12:35:24 EDT
markself@discover.net writes:

> I'm using a TH350 in my '55 1st.  My trans cover was trash when I got the
>  truck.  I purchased a new one from Chevy Dutym for the colum shift because
>  it is metal.  I would like to have the floor shift for the TH350 as close
>  stock location as possibele.  Can any of you tell me the location of the
>  hole in the trans cover that the stock shifter fits in?
>
>  (distance from the front of the trans cover to center of shifter hole and
>  distance from drivers side of trans cover to center of hole)?
>
>  Also how long is the stock floor shift lever?
>
>  Thanks in advance

  NOt sure in your '55-1, but in my '57 with a BBC and TH400 we had to use
the "granny-box" cover, otherwise the shifter wanted to hit on the tranny.

  We did do this swap long before kits were avilable to use for swaps, so
it's possible I guess that you'll be okay with the flat cover.

 But to be safe, lay a straight edge across the opening and measure to the
top of the tranny and compare to what you will have sticking down from the
shifter you choose.

  Mike