Re: [oletrucks] Re: fiberglass fenders?

To: <JGWolford@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Re: fiberglass fenders?
From: "Karl Lutes" <lutes@fuse.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 19:04:24 -0400
Jim

I've never used them, but would do so if I were in your shoes. In fact, I
have some fiberglass front fenders for my 58 Apache still in the box from
Jim Carter's that I'm going to use enentually for the same reasons.  Sure,
everybody likes metal better, but there are an army of hotrodders who do
some amazing things with fiberglass panels.

One hotrodder told me that coating the inside of fiberglass fenders with
some of the thick paint-on bedliner you can get most anywhere works to keep
rocks from making inside-out dings in the paint. I've never tried it but it
seems plausable.

Karl Lutes
Union KY
55 2nd GMC sort of rod in progress