[oletrucks] Re: An itroduction and a question

To: "oletrucks@autox.team.net" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Re: An itroduction and a question
From: Gordon Groves <ggroves100@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 06:56:58 -0700
Hello ,

Im a new member to this list , so let me introduce myself, My name is
Gordon Groves Im from Tucson AZ.  Im a guitar builder most of the time
and an amateur mechanic some of the time . I have a 51 1/2 ton 3 window
that I paid way to much for considering the condition it was in and have
been slowly going through the whole truck replacing and rebuilding
everything , I built a '56 235 for it with all new everything including
a warmed up cam and hydraulic lifters and new pistons and had all the
spinning parts balanced  , I re built most of the brake system and re
wired the whole truck , My list of things to do soon are
1. replace the starter,  the bendix seems faulty as it disengages before
it will start running ( I'll be doing this later this morning)
2.  get a gasket set for my four on the floor trannie(W/ granny 1st) and
go through and make sure all the syncros are good and get it to stop
leaking .
3. get a replacement drive shaft W/ new u joints  (the truck was
converted to open drive line and a 55 second rear by a previous owner)
but the drive shaft has a home made weld on and vibrates bad at 50 MPH)
4. Drop in a pertronix igniter . This is a driver not a Smithsonian
restoration ! This will make life a little easier for me !
5. replace the 13 leaf spring on the back with a 8 leaf spring pack
(This truck used to work hard!)

Where can I get a gasket kit for my trannie and how about syncros ? any
parts #'s for me ? Im really enjoying the list so far by the way and
look forward to being a contributor in the future

Gordon Groves
'51 1/2 ton 3 window p/u (driver)
'54 IHC Travelall (some day )