[oletrucks] INSURANCE

To: "'oletrucks'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] INSURANCE
From: "Jim House" <jhouse@ccsolution.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 13:48:01 -0400
Well I have a 46 Chevy 1/2 ton.  I live in New Hampshire and will drive this
thing about once a week when there is not snow on the ground, at most 30
times per year.  I am guessing less that works out to less than 1,500 miles
per year.  Well my carrier jumped the rate for all of our cars (4) by 15%
since I now insured the truck with them.  I am paying about $400 per year
for $500,000 property damage only.  They stated that with this truck we are
now in a higher class rate for all of our autos.  Well, did any of you have
this happen to you?  What I am looking to do is keep the current insurance
and find insurance for this truck.  I have less than $4,000 into it to date
so it is not a big policy.  Do any of you have a suggestion on what to do?
I tried GYACO today however since we have 5 cars they can not give me a rate
over the phone and will not do the truck by itself.

Please let me know who you are using to insure your trucks!!!!

THANKS

Jim House
Hollis, NH
http://www.ccsol.com/truck.htm