[oletrucks] Three speed linkage column shift

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Three speed linkage column shift
From: "dph55@pdq.net" <dph55@pdq.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 10:13:55 -0500
Can someone tell me who has an original non modified column shift three speed
truck whether both the high-second gear shift rod and the low-reverse rod are
connected to the transmission through a pivot, bell crank devise or just one
of them?
My linkage appears to have been redone a whole bunch and I can't tell from the
pictures in manuals I have show it differently or not. I'm thinking that part
of my problems result from having had the two sides modified such that they
are not equal in travel, thereby putting the shift gate in a different place
coming than going.

DAve Handley
51GMC 5 window
Houston, TX