[oletrucks] Coating for rusty gas tank

Subject: [oletrucks] Coating for rusty gas tank
From: WILHELM GORDON <gvwilhelm@home.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 17:38:40 -0600
The gas tank in my '51 GMC pickup has a fair bit of surface scale/rust
on the inside.  This results in some frustrating and unpredictable
breakdowns when some crud gets sucked into the fuel pickup plugs up the
system.  I am planning on pulling the tank and removing as much of the
scale/rust as I can but I would then like to coat the inside with
something to prevent this from happening again.

Any ideas or suggestions as to how to properly (safely) clean and cot
the inside of the tank?

Thanks!

Gordon