Re: [oletrucks] Coating for rusty gas tank

To: "WILHELM GORDON" <gvwilhelm@home.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Coating for rusty gas tank
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 18:42:29 -0500
I cleaned mine with a length of chain and a bunch of quarters at the car
wash.  Then I used the J.C. Whitney kit to coat the inside.  It's been a
year, and everything is working great.  However, since that time I have
discovered POR 15.  This stuff doesn't care if there's rust there or not.
The point is that you will never hit EVERY little bit of rust in your tank,
so why not use something that just goes right through it?  And my experience
with this product on external parts has made me a believer.  That's my
suggestion.

Smokey Culver
'50 3600 5-window (mine)
'56 3600 (hers)