Re: [oletrucks] alternator vs. generator

To: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] alternator vs. generator
From: "Jack Halton" <safesix@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 03:18:22 -0400
Smokey,

Just make sure you use a smaller pulley. An alternator has to spin faster to
put out a charge at idle speed. If you use the generator pulley on an
alternator, it will work but you'll see a discharge at idle. This means
changing fan belt size, but that's a small price to pay for the increased
efficiency of an alternator.

Jack Halton
51 GMC 1/2 ton
Winter Park FL