[oletrucks] HYDROVAC

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] HYDROVAC
From: Tim Seawolf Self <tim@route66autoclub.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 18:15:52 -0700
Hey, Brian

Do you still have the old Hydrovac?
I need one for a '59 Chevy 2-ton Viking 6000, that mounts under driver side.
Also, a 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 master cylinder.
The 1 1/4 cylinder bore that is on it now is not working properly.

The only way that I could get the smaller master cylinder to work is by
installing an inline pressure valve.
http://www.wilwood.com/products/master_cylinders/rpv/rpv.html
"These in-line pressure valves retain a minimum brake line pressure to help
eliminate excessive pedal travel in both disc and drum brake systems."

First test drive, on the highway, will be tomorrow.  They are still a little on
the "pump and pray" side, but it does stop, eventually.

Tim