Re: [oletrucks] Mig Welder

To: "Mark Mintmier" <tenisguy@gte.net>, "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Mig Welder
From: "W&D" <haist@jps.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 20:22:16 -0700
Here's my $.02 on one of my favorite subjects, MIG welding.

Lincoln, Miller, Hobart have been around for a long time and they'll be here
in the future with parts and service on their machines.

I would be concerned about where Firepower will be a few years from now when
the wire feed mechanism craps out.  If it was me, and that should happen, I
would be kicking myself for not spending another $100 or so (20%) for a
known entity.

I believe if you shop around, you will find one of the 'big 3' and an auto
dimming shield for not much more than the Firepower.

I can tell you from experience that once you own a MIG welder you will use
it much more than you ever thought you would so you won't regret getting a
quality machine.

Good luck.
<><
Whitney Haist