[oletrucks] Thanks for hot 454 info

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Thanks for hot 454 info
From: "Karl Lutes" <lutes@fuse.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 23:13:01 -0400
Thanks to everybody on the list for their input regarding my too hot 454.
I'm going to look first into getting something moving more air than the
electric fan I've got in there. I didn't have room to put the stock fan in.
Does anybody know if there is a smaller or low profile fan for tight spaces?
Maybe I'll look into adapting or modifying one to augment the electric fan,
or look harder for a bigger better electric fan.
I'll probably get the radiator cored, as well even though i might end up
putting a heavyduty rad in there. I guess it will depend on how much the
price
difference in getting it cored compared to the 581.50 for a new heavy duty
rad will cost. Then I'll move on to the water pump if need be.

I don't mind spending the money nearly so bad if it ends up working when I'm
done. I guess we all know we can end up spending more by trying to get by
cheaply at first.

Again, thanks a whole bunch for some great feedback and suggestions. Its
been a great day for Oletrucks....lots of great tips, two new great web
pages to add to favs (http://www.geocities.com/mike_klepp/index.html and
http://www.hotrodstogo.com/), where I need to be driving (BTW- how much for
transmission fluid and antifreeze in Venezuela?) and decorating and fashion
tips to boot!! Shoo whee I'm tired.

Karl Lutes
Union KY
55 2nd GMC in progress