Re: [oletrucks] Interesting article in Pickups N Panels in Print--Fleet

To: MarkNoakes@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Interesting article in Pickups N Panels in Print--Fleet optio...
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 20:36:12 EDT
In a message dated 6/20/00 5:05:19 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
MarkNoakes@aol.com writes:

> One other option of interest listed is the equally mythical 3.07 rear end
>  ratio available in these same trucks.
>
>  Question:
>
>  Has anyone actually ever seen one of these trucks or have pictures of
them?

>  I'd be interested in buying one (truck, that is).
>
>  Mark Noakes
>  58/56 Suburban
>  Knoxville, TN

  Hey Mark,

  I can attest to the 3.07 (I thought it was a 3.08 though) rearend in the
55-59 GMC's...I pulled a 10bolt rear from a '55-'59 GMC 1/2 ton pickup with
that ratio, I don't know the year exactly because the front fenders and hood
were missing.

Mike