Re: [oletrucks] Local parts store

To: <MKlepp4335@cs.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Local parts store
From: "Tom Warner" <twwood@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 21:25:12 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: <MKlepp4335@cs.com>
To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>; <old-chevy-truck@egroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 22, 2000 8:43 PM
Subject: [oletrucks] Local parts store

In the summer of 1958, I was looking for a fender for my 1936 f coupe
one of the wrecking yard guys told me to go to the f dealer about 20 miles
away (St Helena Calif) I took a ride up there one day, and the parts guy
took me to a seperate warehouse, that was FULL of fenders,hoods doors,
grills,bumpers, etc.Except nothing for a 36.  34,35,37,38,39,40,Yes, no 36.
of course, being 16 years old, I didn't buy anything. He had told me I could
have anything  there for $10.00 ea
(don't Bother it's Long gone) But in 1972 I bought a Marina at Clear Lake
Calif.and Started dealing with the local parts store, that had been there
for 50 years. You can not believe the stuff that I found while wandering
around in their basement. AND I am sure, that there are still places out
there.
Tom Warner
58 short fleetside
Jensen Beach Fl.