Re: [oletrucks] Bed Removal

To: dale@pro-mentoring.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Bed Removal
From: EEHodges@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 19:44:49 EDT
Running boards are attached to rear fenders but not to bed itself. You can
unbolt from rear fenders, unbolt the 8 carriage bolts from the  bed and the
rear fender braces thend the bed assembly is "free."

I took mine off with fenders attached then dis-assembled off the truck. In
your case (bed wood already removed), I'd remove the fenders, tailgate and
cross members on the truck, then remove the bed itself. Mine needed to come
off to get the wood loose - most of the nuts were rusted solid. It was easier
to turn the bed assembly upside down to break off the rusted nuts.

Good luck,
I just re-assembled my  bed with new stained/varnished wood and SS strips -
looks great.

EEHodges@aol.com
Emory Hodges
48 Chevy 3/4 ton "Rack"

In a message dated 6/23/2000 2:49:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,