Re: [oletrucks] Shipping big items

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Shipping big items
From: "Terry Beynon" <tbeynon@dsl.telocity.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 20:20:26 -0500
Whitney Haist (of Art Deco fame) and I had the same problem when I bought a
bed from him. He was even willing to put it on Amtrak but they were no help
either. There was a place in Fremont Ca that picked it up and it was
delivered here by Overnight Express (OX). I'll try to dig up the forwarder
unless Whitney can remember. The humorous side of the story was it arrived
in a crate made of wood older than the truck! When I called Whitney to say
it finally got here I asked about the antique wood. He said they were razing
a house near him and he was able to snag some of it to build the crate.
On another note the buildup goes slow on the 55-1. Probably the pictures are
way to much detail for the average viewer but we never claimed to be normal,
did we? If you want a look go to
http://www.beynon.net/terry.html
Terry Beynon
'55-1 3100