Re: [oletrucks] Tranny question.

To: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Tranny question.
From: ADvent@thuntek.net
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 10:37:24 -0600
Disconect both shifter arms and verify that the trans is indeed in neutral.
Then try to get second. I once had a bumber jack rigged so I could keep the
clutch pedal depressed if need be. I had some kind of deal attached to the
bumber slot and it pushed up under the steering wheel with no scratches,
either. If it still has the problem, you can be assured the trans needs some
attention. Thats not to say there isn't  exessive slop in the shifter box,
though. This will guide you in what direction to work towards. Either the
trans needs work or the shifter system does. Hope this helps.

New Mexico Jim
50 ½ ton Chevy
51 two ton Chevy Dump
54 two ton Chevy cab & chassis for parts