RE: [oletrucks] My 51 4X4

To: "'Bruce Michaels'" <hbn@ojai.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] My 51 4X4
From: "Nelson, Jeff - DTC" <jnelson@paducah.k12.ky.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 07:33:17 -0500
I've been meaning to respond for several days. I finally remembered to bring
my Chevy Truck Data Book into work.

First off, the AD 3600 did not come in a "short bed", ever. Unless I'm
mistaken (and it has happened more than once) I don't think that there was
even such a thing as a "long bed/short bed" half ton until the 1954-55.1
series. Until that time frame all half tons were "short bed".

Now, for dimensions (this table will look better if you switch to a
monospaced font such as Courier):

                     3100            3600
Wheelbase             116"            125 1/4"
Overall length        173 1/8"        182 5/16"
Width (at front)       29 1/4"         25 1/2"
Width (at rear)        47"             36"

Not sure what you mean by the "wall thickness".

Finally, I checked out your website pictures. Your frame looks, to me, to be
a 1/2T. It is very different from a 3/4T frame. You might check out the
pictures of my 3/4T frame at
http://www.chevytrucks.org/users/jeff/restore/index.htm. Notice the
significantly higher arch on your frame for the rear axle. Also, notice how
the rear cross member on your's arches up, whereas the rear cross member on
the 3/4T is in the same plane as the frame.

Good luck.

Jeff Nelson
1953 3600
Paducah, KY