Re: [oletrucks] Brake Drum removal on 56

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Brake Drum removal on 56
From: ADvent@thuntek.net
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 07:14:15 -0600
Did you back off the adjusters? The drum has a lip formed into the very edge of
the drum. This is a good another good reason not to blow off turning the drum
during a brake job. In my old shop,  I saw a fair amount of this and the main
culprit seems to be backyard wrenching. I am guilty of this, too. Freshly
turned drums make for super smooth stops.