[oletrucks] Beam axles?

To: "oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Beam axles?
From: "Gary Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 16:20:06 -0500
Anyone know how long (in model years) beam axles may have been used in
P-chassis
delivery vans or other one ton and medium duty trucks? I know p/ups went to
Independent in 60, not sure of bigger trucks. OR, anyone try to put newer
backing plates, brakes, hubs, etc. on older axles? I have a 50 COE I wish to
modernize yet
keep original frame. I have found a set of one-ton 4x4 axles, still rigid,
what you think?

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN
54 Chevy 2-ton (driver)