Re: [oletrucks] Rear axle width?

To: "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Rear axle width?
From: "WR Teto" <monadnoc@crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 21:02:55 -0400
Mark, when I measured my 53 at disassembly, it measured 55" between the brake
backing plates.  I
think this is the dimension you are looking for?  I did not take a drum-to-drum
measurement, but I
see that another repsonse to your question has that info.  I used an 80's
Camaro Berlinetta rear end
and it was just about the same width as the original rear (well, within a
gnat's eyelash...close
enuf for me).

Wally / Templeton, MA
53 3100 rod project